Saturday, May 12, 2007

Fun Finds

I am Elizabeth Bennet!

Take the Quiz here!


This was a fun find.


Wow...I don't think I would have thought I was Lizzy. Of course she is one of my favorite Jane Austen heroines and it is my favorite movie version...Mansfield Park being second. I guess I was kind of thinking I might be more like Fanny Price. This is what it says:


You are Elizabeth Bennet of Pride & Prejudice! You are intelligent, witty, and tremendously attractive. You have a good head on your shoulders, and oftentimes find yourself the lone beacon of reason in a sea of silliness. You take great pleasure in many things. You are proficient in nearly all of them, though you will never own it. Lest you seem too perfect, you have a tendency toward prejudgement that serves you very ill indeed.


I'm not so sure I like that description...it sounds a little arrogant, but Lizzy isn't arrogant, she's just, well, steady and sure...or maybe (in the words of my hubby) uncertainly certain. Anyway...who doesn't love Lizzy?


Ok...now on to my excitement of more fun finds...I took the girls to a few garage sales today...I have been wanting a steamer since my good friend let me use hers for my tamales...and it worked lovely. I have also wanted a bread machine for some time...not a huge want, but a want. So today I found both...almost brand new. I think the bread machine was used maybe once, and the steamer possibly never. YEAH! Joy, joy is mine!


I am hoping to find more fun things this summer. I wish it could be possible to find vintage goodies around here, but not so likely. I would like to find some vintage fabrics to be creative with. I'm ready to renew the creative energies within. I'll hope.


I have to add this...guess who my oldest dd would be:


You are Catherine Morland of Northanger Abbey! You love a good Gothic romance - so much, in fact, that you'll fool yourself into thinking you're living one! You are imaginative and naive, which is at once endearing and perplexing. perhaps your heart is TOO pure...but it is adventurous. After all, you love a trip to Bath or a stay at an ancient Abbey.


LOL! It does sound close!...we both thought it to be a strange story...how funny.

1 comment:

Yacob's child said...

I'm "Elizabeth," too, which probably means I didn't fully understand all the questions ... or Jane Austin!!!