Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Today


I wake up every morning hoping that my day will be 'great.' Who doesn't? But days have their own ideas and sometimes they are 'great' and sometimes they are 'not so' great. Yesterday...not so...until I went out with the girls. We had a great time as always. Today must have had reserves from that. So our life in a day of (home) learning was getting up around 9:30 and watching a Sundance movie that made us all laugh. Actually a great way to start the day. Then we got onto the business of 'structured time' for learning which went fairly smooth. I was awed by my daughter and what she is understanding and learning with the curriculum we are using for her this year. (Although...my heart yearns for un-schooling...my mind isn't in complete compliance) I am so pleased with Oak Meadow. We had great conversation today about government and intentions. Then...the 'great' pleasure of the day for me...once again attempting to make lentil soup that tastes like my favorite restaurant to buy it at (that is no longer in business). And....voila....it is so close...possibly it! It looks a little different, but it tasted fantastic! The family ate it up like it might vanish if they didn't gobble it right away. Oh the simple pleasures! So today...I laughed, cried, laughed some more, got mad, smiled, ahhed, and called a friend to share in my excitement, enjoyed simple pleasure with great taste and relaxed. I'd call it pretty 'great!'

1 comment:

Yacob's child said...

Ah ... taking the "moments" and treasuring them ... holding them close to your heart, and savoring them like good lentil soup.

I'm proud of you! Beautiful entry, my friend.