Monday, July 2, 2007

Summer Blues

Is it possible to have summer blues? I'm thinking so. With my life being carried on the wind right now and the distance of friends...life seems a little blue. Mostly it is the being carried on the wind part. I have been enjoying my solitude, which will end soon when we head north for the annual family camp out. It is always a nice laid back time...so I do look forward to it...but again...I could just stay bundled up in our new place and be happy...if the wind would quit blowing! I truly feel like Vianne in Chocolat....it's unsettling. I didn't know this was my life until just recently. Now my inner child is upset like Anouk (I may even come up with an imaginary friend to distract me) and wants to just be. To settle. And I actually think that my Roux feels the same! I said this morning, "I love it here," to which he quickly replied "so do I." I almost fell over! He's never said that...about anywhere we have lived. I caught him...I don't think he meant to say it out-loud. I think this is exactly what we both need...to be home. So maybe I can offer the blues up to the wind in place of myself and may they blow blissfully far far away.

1 comment:

Yacob's child said...

So, when do I get to see this amazing movie ??!!?? Plus, he's kinda cute, but he's still not Johnny Depp, Vanessa ... althought I'm glad you think he is :-)