Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Torta Di Risotto



That's what this is called. My first attempt, delicious! This is one recipe I have been wanting to make, but kept putting off...why? I don't know. It was easy...smells yummy...and taste great! Even the kids liked it...of course they had to let me know before trying it...oo what is it? oo I don't like zucchini. We had my cousin's boy over, and I replied to him; "I'm going to tell you, just like I tell my kids, I don't want to hear that you don't like zucchini because it has no real flavor of its own...it takes on the flavor of what ever it is cooked with." I laughed at myself. Then he tried it and said; "thanks for forcing me to eat zucchini, this is good!" Laugh again. So, what exactly is this....well it's roasted zucchini or grilled with the arborio risotto rice and three cheeses in a loaf. Rice loaf. It is from my New Vegetarian cookbook. I am attempting to make a vegetarian meal every other day. This book has some great recipes. I attempted a new recipe from the Vegetarian Journal last week...not good. We ordered pizza. I'm trying to find some variety. So, torta di risotto is a winner!

No comments: